Sales & Product Manager Pharma
The NOVASOL CHEMICALS Group is a 100% independent company, ranked in the ICIS Top Best 100 chemical distributors. The company, headquartered in Brussels, is active in Asia, Europe and North America with local teams in 20 countries.
For the development of our ambitious growth plan of our Pharma & Agro Business Unit, we are looking for an experienced and dynamic Sales & Product Manager for Italy.
You will have hybrid responsibilities that will be synergetic for your daily activities. On one hand, you will be sales manager for the business units customers in the Italian market (key and regular with upwards of 5 mio. EUR in annual sales).
On the other hand, you will be responsible for pan-European product management, partially for existing portfolio products and partially for new item developments, both in collaboration with sales managers of our other EU sales territories.
Your main goals will be to meet the volume and margin sales objectives in Italy and to take initiative in selecting new items for the business units portfolio on pan-European level. You will report to the Business Unit Manager Pharma & Agro.
Your key responsibilities and challenges are:
- Development of sales and negotiation of customer contracts in Italy
- Development of (new) suppliers and negotiation of purchase/supplier contracts for the European market
- Exploring and studying markets in terms of customers’ needs, products, service & pricing, environment & partnership
- Develop new customers and markets for our products
- Develop account specific strategies & custom-made solutions
- Enhancing and maintaining customer service level in close collaboration with the back-office team (Supply chain, Inside Sales, Quality & Finance)
- Drive business growth and improve the company’s market position vs competitor’s activities
- Implement product / price / volume strategies in cooperation with the international team
- Continuous learning on local regulations & business requirements
- Assist in customer complaints and assure timely payments
- Support the company efforts in building increasingly sustainable portfolios & solutions
- Manage a defined product portfolio with full P&L responsibility:
- Understand products, understand supply market, understand supply sources, understand customer demands & trends
- Select new supply sources and build solid relationships with key product suppliers for your products
- Negotiate purchase prices, determine sales prices, understand and proactively manage the market dynamics
- Manage supply and demand in a proper way (working capital)
Presence on international chemical fairs & conferences (CPHI, Chemspec, potentially others)
- Experience (3 – 5 years) in Pharma distribution business in Italy
- Graduate level education in chemistry, science or business
- Fluent in Italian & English
- Familiar with Microsoft Office & ERP system (preferably Oracle NetSuite)
- Entrepreneurial, result oriented and hunter’s spirit, with a real curiosity for new markets and segments
- Ability to work with different cultures
- You are positive and willing to contribute to the company team spirit by your open communication and active knowledge sharing amongst colleagues
- Flexible and ready for 40% travelling in Italy (regional office in Milano), to HQ in Brussels and potentially visits to supplier overseas (China, India, Taiwan, etc.)
- You are based in Northern Italy
- Young, dynamic, cosmopolitan working environment
- Autonomy and responsibility
- Possibility to grow in a people oriented and value driven ambitious company
- Strong company values: Integrity, Intelligence, Intimacy & Improvement
- Home office according to our policy
- Tools (laptop, screen, phone, internet, …)
- Attractive salary & fringe benefits package
- Company car or other mobility concept compensation
Interested in joining our team? Please apply at email@example.com.